133) renovated estate
close to Punta del Este
asking : current status and asking price, see main listings page
mansion is the main house of a working ranch built by the spanish colonizers towards the end of the XVIII century.
The building was erected on the highest rise to insure the complete visual control of a vast area becoming the best observation site to see the goings and comings of people and merchandise to the East of the country, and only route towards Brazil.
It still maintains most of its original vegetation among which you find autoctonous palms and Ombues. It also has many varieties of exotics palms, magnolias and conifers.
The main building has been completely renovated, adding modern amneties (dish TV, MP3, broadband internet, wireless comunication, etc.
• Two story building.
• Built area: aprox. 9.000 s.f.
• Lot area: 36 acres.
• Original built: year 1785 recycled, in 1993. .
• Three separate entrances. .
• Reception / Entrance hall..
• Living room with glassed in wood burning fireplace, from which heat gets piped throughout house..
• Library and music room..
• Dinning room with garden vistas.
• Large kitchen with center island cooking, and also under hood BBQ wood/charcoal grill and oven..
• Den, TV room or spare bedroom.
• Two guest bedrooms.
• A large bedroom suite, dressing room and bathroom with Jacuzzi.
• Large studio with panoramic windows and terrace looking over the estate and nearby Blue Hills.
• Four bathrooms in all.
• Storage room for food, china, glassware and extra refrigerators.
• Laundry room.
• Luggage room.
• Two car garage and dry wood storage.
• Very large central patio with its own bbq grill and roofed area for dinning, afternoon tea or important receptions.
Annexed but 250ft away are employee apts, machine sheds and barns. Saddling and mounting corral and paddock.
• All door/window frames are in old hard wood, leaves in old cedar and are in the original asturian (north Spain) style
• The general condition and presentation are very good. The same with the condition of paint.